Part Number MPU327
Williams System 3 to 6 MPU/Driver Board
MPU327– This board replaces both the MPU board AND the Driver board for ALL Williams System 3, 4, and 6 pinball games.
Benefits over original Williams MPU and Driver board
– Eliminates the extremely problematic interconnect connector that fastens the original boards together
– Eliminates the need to swap out game ROMs. Game ROMs are selectable via DIP switch
– Comprehensive on-board diagnostics using Leon’s test code via DIP switch http://www.flipper-pinball-fan.be/
– Uses 6802 instead of 6800 microprocessor
– Uses a single commercially available oscillator component for timing
– Uses Williams WPC style controlled lamp circuit design (TIP107)
– Uses Logic Level FET drivers for all solenoids and lamp controls
– Uses sockets for common failure components (micro, PIAs, and RAM).
– Uses a low voltage reset to keep microprocessor from locking up
This game does use custom software that is NOT compatible with your original game’s board set.
Updates to this software will, I’m sure, be modified over time and updates will be made available through this website.
To view the latest install and testing instructions, click here – Last updated 3/22/2011
Latest software version is MPU327-BD. To download this version, click here. To see the software version history, click here.
- Game Supported
- Alien Poker
- Disco Fever
- Fire Power
- Hot Tip
- Laser Ball
- Lucky Seven
- Stellar Wars
- Time Warp
- World Cup